Kiddle Family - November 2012

Saturday 23 April 2011

Easter Fun

Yesterday, Good Friday, was the start of our Easter activities.
We went to the zoo for their Easter Eggstravaganza. It seems that we've gone every year for the last 8 or 9 years. This year we went with my parents and two of my sisters and their kids. There were 15 of us all together. The zoo was crazy. Ridiculously crazy! I don't think I've ever seen it so busy. It was hard to keep track of all the kids. But, despite the crowds, we had a great time!! I love spending time together with my family! As usual, I forgot to bring my camera... but my Dad remembered his, so when I get some pictures, I'll post them.

The Easter Bunny always comes to visit our house Friday evening, after the kids go to bed, so we can have our hunt Saturday morning. It's been that way since our oldest was a baby. We decided Saturday was a better day for many reasons. Our two biggest reasons being....
A) It's less hectic on Saturday, particularly when we have early church.
B) We can spend Saturday doing the whole Easter Bunny thing and then on Sunday we can focus on the true meaning of Easter.... our Savior and the resurrection.

Matthew has been counting down the days for the Easter Bunny's visit. He's so excited. I love it! We had a little conversation the other day about the Easter Bunny....
Matthew - "I'm going to stay up and see the Easter Bunny"
Me - "Then what?"
Matthew - "Nothing. I just want to see him."
Me - "What if you were to catch the Easter Bunny"
Matthew - "Oh, we CAN'T do that!! If we caught it, then no one else would get any candy for Easter and that would make other kids sad."
What a good kid.
A little while later....
Matthew - "Mom? Does the Easter Bunny poop candy out his butt?"
Me - "No, I don't think so. I don't know where the Easter Bunny gets his candy".

Along with all the excitement of the impending arrival of the Easter Bunny, there comes a lot of letter writing. Here's the letter that Emily wrote to the Easter Bunny... and his reply.


Here's a few pictures from our Easter Egg hunt this morning.


I'm looking forward to tomorrow. A chance to reflect on my Savior and all that he's done for us. A chance to teach my children about the true meaning of Easter.

Happy Easter everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment