Kiddle Family - November 2012

Wednesday 23 March 2011

A Feeling of Gratitude

It's very easy to go through each day and be so caught up in all the LITTLE things in life. A lot of time those LITTLE things, seem like really BIG things. It's hard to look past it all. Maybe the kids are fighting lots, maybe the car is having issues, maybe finances are tight or maybe life is so over scheduled and there's no time to sit and relax. But every once in a while, something comes along and you have an AH HA moment and realize, all those little things don't really matter.

Today is one of those days. I'm left with a feeling of overwhelming gratitude for all that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with.

Many of you that know me, have probably heard me talk at some point about Ric and Tracy and their family. Today is Ric's birthday. He's 42 today and that's something to celebrate. Ric reminds me a lot of Scott, my brother. When Scott passed away, he was 41, almost 42. And when I think of Ric and the rest of his family, I quite often think of my own family. You see, Ric won't celebrate another birthday. This will be his last.

When I stopped by their house yesterday, Tracy mentioned that it was Ric's birthday today and I just knew I had to make a cake. Ric and Tracy have 3 little girls. Birthdays are always a big thing for little kids. A birthday cake probably won't matter to Ric, but it would matter to his girls. So, last night I baked a chocolate cake and decorated it simply with a big fondant bow.


This morning I took it to their home. Their oldest daughter, who is 10, answered the door. Her face instantly lit up. She even exclaimed "Oh, it's just like the cakes on Cake Boss!" She was thrilled. Hopefully the 3 girls can put candles on it and blow them out for their Daddy as they celebrate his birthday.
I'm thankful I could bring just a small dose of happiness to their home today.

So, all the little things that can be frustrating and occupy our minds, etc are NOTHING really, when you think about it. I am very blessed to have a family that is healthy. I think today is a day to reflect on our many blessings. We're so blessed and I'm thankful for the reminder.

And I'm truly thankful that I can help this family in such small ways because it blesses my life as much as theirs.

1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous Amber! That was so sweet of you to do for Ric and his family. I'm sure they really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete