Kiddle Family - November 2012

Monday 6 June 2011

On the weekend

I haven't had many cake postings lately, but it's not due to the fact that I haven't been doing any, it's because I haven't done anything new. Cupcake bouquets have kept me busy. I think I've made 6 in the past month. 2 this past weekend and I'll have another 2 this coming weekend (1 to help a friend make, one for someone else). But, don't worry, there's a cake for later this month. I haven't quite figured it out yet since I want to do something original, but I've got plenty of ideas jumping around in that head of mine. Anyone out there been following the Whitney's blog while they've been in Peru?? I'd like to use some stuff from their blog to make it more personalized, but I'm not crazy about the idea of having to skim through 2 years worth of blog entries to find stuff. So, if you've followed it, let me know.

This weekend, Matthew went to a friend's birthday party. It had a pirate theme. I made the kids balloon swords. It's been a while since I've twisted anything and since I had them out, I decided to try and make something new. Check out this cute catepillar...
If you want to learn how to make him, here's the Youtube video I watched.


And this weekend, we did some more work out in the yard. There's been a dead tree in our front yard (that's been dead for 4 or 5 years and the previous homeowners didn't want to replace) and we finally dug it up. Since it's gone, I sent Cam over to the store to buy a Mountain Ash. I like those trees. It's not a very big tree, but it's a decent size. I'm happy with it.
And I made another flowerbed too. A small one, that I planted some rhubarb in.

Oh, and here's some pictures of the big flowerbed I made earlier in the week. This one felt like it took forever! I bought a honeysuckle vine that I haven't planted in here yet.It seems, the more I work in my yard, the more ideas I get for what I'd like my yard to look like. Only problem is, most of it I won't be able to do this year due to money and time. But, at least I'm getting a bigger picture. I'm a little disappointed it's raining today, cause I was hoping to add just one more flowerbed today (the plan was originally to do it before it rained, but since it rained so much last night, I won't be out there today). I want one more flowerbed in the front, along the sidewalk. Then that might be the end of my yard plans for this year.


And lastly. As hard as we try to save a bit of money, something always comes up. This weekend, Cam got his very first speeding ticket. Boo. He said nothing to the police officer,except "Thank you" when he was handed the ticket. Nice way to use your manners Cam. Like we wanted the ticket. As I look at the ticket amount, I just think of what I could have bought with that money. There's another tree I could have bought..... or that's equal to 2 or 3 cupcake bouquets..... All I can say is, I'm so glad it was Cam and not me. If I ever get a ticket, and at the moment I have a perfectly clean record of ZERO tickets, Cam can never give me a hard time. So glad it wasn't me this time. And boo to having a ticket.

1 comment:

  1. That little guy is still hanging around at our place- They are durable little balloon animals! Your yard looks great! No wonder it felt like it took forever to get that garden in, it's HUGE! I've been plugging away at our yard for three or four summers now and it's still a work in progress, but it gets more fun as I learn more about what I am doing.

    ReplyDelete