Kiddle Family - November 2012

Sunday 9 October 2011

Happy Thanksgiving



It's Thanksgiving. A time to reflect on all the things we've been blessed with and how thankful we are to have all that we have.
Today I saw this quote. My cousin posted it on FB....


Wow. That sure hit me. I read that and thought.... what did I say in my prayers yesterday?? I'm sure I said my usual... thankful for my family, good kids, good health, safety...
But, how much more could I have said??? So, so much more! Because I'm blessed with so much!

So today, I'm going to issue you a challenge (one that I'll be doing today myself).... today when you say your prayers, make your prayer a prayer of gratitude. Take the time to thank our Heavenly Father for all that he's blessed us with. And... don't ask for a single thing.

Lastly, I just thought I'd mention something I'll be doing today as well. A long time ago, I had started a gratitude journal. A place to write all the things I'm grateful for. I used to write in it almost every day. I used to even get Cam to write in it. And every day, I would think of something new. I would never duplicate what I wrote.
It was great. It made me think. I'd write I was thankful for my eye sight, my sense of smell, for the beautiful world we live in, for rain, for sunshine, for promptings I had to help someone..... you name it.
It's been a long time since I've written in it. I think today I'll be pulling out that gratitude journal. And if you feel inclined.... start your own.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment