Kiddle Family - November 2012

Saturday 17 September 2011

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is my Dad's birthday. He's 66 today.
I wish we could spend the day with him, but he's on a trip with my Mom to Australia. Lucky them. So, I had to settle for a text message to him. I hope it gets it.

But before they left, we had a party to celebrate.
My sister, Fern, made him a cake. Fern likes to make cakes as much as I do. In fact, we started decorating cakes about the same time and took our first cake decorating class together. It's kind of nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of and to talk about cakes with. We've even worked on a few together in the past.... which was so much fun.

Anyways, I just wanted to post a few pictures of the cake Fern made for my Dad. I thought it was a fabulous cake and one of Fern's best.
To give you an idea of just how big this cake is....
And on a piece of paper, Fern wrote "Hamburger choices....Light Black or Dark Black" Ha ha ha.
It's always been a big joke cause for some reason or other, my Dad was always in charge of cooking hamburgers and every time he would burn them to a crisp. And my Dad would always ask "do you want your burger light black or dark black??"

Well Dad, I hope you had a fantastic birthday!!
I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the best and look forward to when you and Mom come home.

1 comment: