Kiddle Family - November 2012

Friday 9 September 2011

Birthday Party for Abigail

Well, it's CRAZY around here. 2 birthday parties in 2 days. Yup, I think it's me who's crazy around here sometimes.

Given the fact that my girls don't like cake. Okay, let me clarify, they don't like MY cake. For some strange reason that I can not fathom, they actually prefer the store bought crap cakes, but that doesn' t count and I'm not buying a cake....
Anyways... for my girls, I'm making them ice cream cakes instead. Abigail has requested a cookies n' cream cake, while the twins have requested a reese's peanut butter cup ice cream cake. Mmmmm.... I prefer the later..... peanut butter.... yum!

Tonight we celebrated Abigail's 11th birthday.
I'm not feeling very motivated to decorate the cakes for them. So, this afternoon, I finally decided I needed to put at least SOMETHING on top, when I remembered an idea I once saw.
Here's a look at what her cake looked like....

All the curls made a very funky, fun bow. I'll have to try this again another time.

Now that Abigail is 11, parties are so much calmer. I was sitting during dinner and I was marveling at how quiet and polite all the kids were. Such a stark contrast to parties a few years ago. In fact, it's probably a stark contrast to the party we'll be having tomorrow for the twins. I foresee a very noise, crazy afternoon for their party.

Here's a couple pictures from Abigail's party. I can't believe she's 11 already. Where has all the time gone???
(sorry if this blog posting is all over the place. That's what happens when you blog at such a late hour)

No comments:

Post a Comment