Kiddle Family - November 2012

Sunday 10 July 2011

Missionary cake for the Harkers


There's another young man from our ward about to embark on a mission to Argentina. Today was his farewell at church. His friends and him sang a beautiful song together. It was very touching. Then he gave a fantastic talk. In fact, all the talks today were great.

I was privileged to be able to make him a cake for the Open House tonight.
I made a cake that I made before, but wanted to do something a little different, to make it unique for him. Since he'll be serving in Argentina, and Argentina's got a funky flag, I decided to make the tie on the cake look like the Argentina flag. Also, I asked for a variety of favorite scriptures and quotes that I could use if there was room. I ended up deciding to use just one, a quote from President Taylor. I was so glad I did, because as I was listening to his talk today, Elder Harker finished his talk with the quote I had used on his cake. It tied it all together so nicely.


Elder Harker is going to be a fantastic missionary. He'll do so well and we wish him all the best over the next two years. We look forward to hearing about some of the fantastic experiences he'll have there in Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment