Kiddle Family - November 2012

Monday 4 July 2011

Favorite Oatmeal Cookies

Tonight for Family Home Evening, we made some cookies. Oatmeal Cookies! These just might even be my favorite cookies and I've been making them since I was a teen.
While I'm waiting for them too cook in the oven, I thought I would share the recipe with you, if you feel inclined to try a new recipe...


Oatmeal Cookies

Mix together
1 c. butter or margarine
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
Combine until smooth and then add
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. milk
Mix, then add
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 c. rolled oats

That's the basic recipe, but I rarely stop there. I usually proceed to add
1 c. coconut (I don't measure, usually it's whatever I have)
1/2 c. - 1 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. raisins
1 grated orange rind.
Or any combination of the above ingredients. I actually think, the more the merrier. Put whatever you like in.

Bake your cookies for 9-10 minutes or until light brown in a 350F oven.
Also, you don't want to over cook these cookies or they'll be hard and crispy. I like mine soft and chewy, so quite often they almost look on the under-done side. Just so you know.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment