Kiddle Family - November 2012

Wednesday 4 May 2011

New Shoe

This is my new shoe.

What do you think?? Pretty cute, huh?


I hate shoe shopping and one day I came across some in the clearance section at Walmart. I bought them, especially since they only cost me $3. They're cute, as far as shoes go.... and I think that's saying a lot coming from a non-shoe lover. Now, on the other hand, there are some people that love shoes. Obviously, I'm not one of them. And I'm always surprised when I get a comment like "Oh, cute shoes!" I can honestly say, I never look at people's shoes.

Anyways..... my shoe......


I think this is one of my favorite new shoes. Why?? Because it's edible. But, you've probably already guessed that. Especially since it's positioned so nicely on my nice big foam block (because there's part of a wooden skewer in the heel).

I've seen pictures of shoes online.... shoes made from fondant. I look at them and think "I can totally do that... and make it as good as anyone else could." And so, after watching a little tutorial (most techniques I ended up not using, but it gave me good ideas) and looking at a website from another Calgarian baker, I decided to give it a shot. I think it's pretty good. Especially for a first time. I even painted it with edible silver luster dust. Love the sparkle of it in the sunlight.

Next week, I'm going to make a cake. A shoe box (using many new techniques to me) and I'll position the shoe on top. In my head, it looks fabulous. I hope it turns out like it looks in my head. So, stay tuned. I'll post pictures when I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment