Kiddle Family - November 2012

Wednesday 18 July 2012

A Hawaiian Stampede


A Hawaiian Stampede??   What??
I think that's exactly what ran through my mind when I showed up at a free Stampede lunch today and the first thing we recieved as we got into line, was a brightly colored lay.  One for everyone.

Now, before I go any farther, I know some of you asked me what the best Stampede breakfasts/lunches were that they should go to and I never gave you any ideas......  I'm sorry.   But, the best ones I went to this year are ones I had never been to before, until today.  So, take note for next year.
And for those of you who are anti-Stampede and can't imagine why you'd want to join in the fun... maybe this will change your mind and help you to realize that there are some really good events that are family oriented.

Anyways, my Dad told me about two for today.... one a breakfast, one a lunch.
I must admit, that last night, I actually considered staying home today.  I thought it would be more work than it might be worth.  Yes, I had those thoughts.  But, I was so wrong.  It was totally worth getting up for.

BREAKFAST (the best one so far!)
Executive Royal Inn (off Barlow Trail in the NE)
Why was it fantastic??   Breakfast consisted of a couple large pancakes, sausages and bacon and orange juice.  Small lines (only 10-15 people in front of us), fun entertainment that consisted of Chinese dragon dancers, belly dancers, singer, indian dancers... , games for the kids with little to no line ups.  Sweet.  Lots of places to sit and good parking.  Need I go on?
Here's a couple pictures....
The kids joining in the Indian's circle dance
Indian chicken dancer
Mmmmm.  Great breakfast!!


LUNCH (a must do for next year!!)
Van Houtte coffee cafe (off 10 Ave NE)
Why was it fantastic??   Well, I don't think any other lunch can compare.
We had hamburgers, complete with all the toppings you want like cheese and tomatoes and lettuce....
This year was a hawaiian theme (apparently every year they pick a different culture) and we had roast beef, bbq pork, bbp pineapple, a couple different salads, chips and pop.
Along with great food, we had the chance to listen to a band, watch a hula dancer and they had activity/crafts for the kids and proffesional face painters.
Have a look at some pictures....
My sister and all the kids we had with us. 









    
BBQ pork.  I thought it was funny they put a flower on it's head. 



The long tables of all the food

Mmmmmmm..... so good!!




No comments:

Post a Comment