Kiddle Family - November 2012

Saturday 10 March 2012

Budding Talent

I've been wanting to share these for a while, but I'm just getting around to it now. (blogging on the small computer just isn't as convenient and easy to use as my reg. laptop which is broken...)

There are two people in my life that I think are budding cake artists.
The tips and guidance I've given them, they've pick up on so quickly. The two that I'm talking about are my friend Megan and my 9 yr old daughter, Elora.

My birthday was a short while ago. Megan gave me a great surprise.... a beautiful cake that she decorated for me. I loved it!!! Thanks Megan, it was a great gift and I truly appreciate the work that you put into it, cause I know how time consuming it can be. And one of the things that I loved about it too... was I personally have never decorated a cake like this, so it was unique and new to me. Fantastic! Megan, you're on your way to becoming a fabulous cake decorator!! Here's my birthday cake....




The other week, our ward had a Talent Show night. The kids could either perform or put something on display. So, Elora decided she'd like to decorate a cake to put out. She's got a real talent for making things and in the past, I've actually had her help me make flowers when I've got a lot to do for a cake. So, this was the first time that Elora covered a cake with fondant. She did really good, except in one part that started to tear. I told her her options were to make the tear the back or to make it the front and cover it. She opted to cover it (smart girl, that's what I would choose). She made all the flowers herself. Her cake was amazing. A real budding artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment