Kiddle Family - November 2012

Friday 19 July 2013

Oh the Places You'll Go Cake

A friend asked me to make a cake for her son's birthday.   She wanted the theme to be from Dr. Seuss's "Oh the Places You'll Go" book.   What a fun book and idea for a cake.

So, of course I looked online to get some inspiration.   I found a few cakes that I liked and decided to take different aspects from a couple of them and combine them into one cake.

When making cakes, sometimes it's nice to try some new techniques too.   This was the first time I did a topsy turvy cake (top layer only though) and using some of the Duff cake wires.

I think the cake turned out great.   Happy Birthday Shane!!

Finished cake.   I loved it!


Outlining elements of the cake with black, allowed me to make it look like the drawings in the book.

1 comment: