Kiddle Family - November 2012

Monday 3 December 2012

2 Missionary Suit Cakes

So, I've been getting some slack about not posting anything recently.  Who's been bugging me?   My kids!  Apparently they love to look at this blog and are always coming on here. 
So, here I am playing catch-up.

A few weeks ago I made some more missionary cakes.
It was actually quite a special weekend for one family in my ward....   two cousins.... one returning from a mission and one preparing to leave.  The Sunday Sacrament meeting was both a homecoming and farewell.   How special.   It really was quite a fantastic Sacrament meeting.

Afterwards they had an Open House and I was asked to make them some cakes.
I've made similar ones before (though, apparently it's been quite a while and it took me a while to figure out how I made them last time).   These missionary suit cakes are fun because I can decorate the tie to look like any flag from any country.  So, in this case, I made one tie to represent Guam and the other to represent Canada.

I will apologize for not having better photos of these two cakes.  It was a crazy weekend and just after I finished the cakes, some of my kids were driving me crazy by bouncing bouncy balls all over the kitchen and living room (talk about stress for me!  Could you imagine if the ball hit it?!)
Anyways, the sooner those cakes left my house, the sooner I could breathe easier with my kids being around.

 I thought it was a good idea to do two similar cakes..... until Cam said "you better not make one better than the other!!"   Nice.  Then I had a whole lot of pressure.   So glad they both turned out equally good.


Guam picture on tie is hand painted.

A special day for two cousins
 Thank you Julie and Liana for letting me be a part of this special weekend, by making you two cakes.   
Welcome home Dan!  We wish you luck Jesse!

No comments:

Post a Comment